Thursday, April 7, 2011

EOC Week 1; Great Customer Service

"Marketing is managing profitable customer relationships" (pg.5 ). I strongly agree with this quote. I have worked in the Hospitality business in Las Vegas for over 10 years. I am fully aware of how important it is to provide great customer service. Customer service is as simple as smiling, to opening the door, to Thanking them for visiting your business or place of employment and inviting them back. Little gestures such as good eye contact, referring to them by their name, if you know it such as Mr. Smith or Ms/Mrs Johnson. Although details may go unnoticed, a person/customer will always remember how you made them feel. I have a short story about a memorable customer service experience i had while vacationing in Newport Beach CA with my girlfriend, her brother, and a friend for my birthday. As we checked in to the hotel we were staying in, the front desk clerk warmly greeted us with a smile. As she was getting our information she started small conversation with us, and found out it was my birthday. She wished me happy birthday and proceeded to give us our room keys and a brief rundown of the hotel amenities. She walked us to the room and when she swung the door open we were greeted by a nice bottle of champagne and a few other birthday gifts. She discreetly had this done for us while we were being checked in. Needless to say we still keep in touch with her and other workers from the hotel, and when they come to Vegas we make them feel just as welcomed as they made me feel for my Birthday. This customer service experience i would say is my most memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment